3D Printing Assignment 4: updated line container

Based on what I did last week, I planned to make my line container more good-looking, so I designed a simple heart.

I cut the heart with two cylinders, so that I have space for my charger.

Then I printed it:

But it doesn’t work so well. I assumed it’s because the cylinder is too wide, so I made it narrower and printed it again. (Actually I rebuilt the whole heart because I closed the file so I couldn’t go back)

Unfortunately, the charger line still didn’t stay in the heart. Then I realized maybe heart is not a good shape for a charger line.

I realized that last time my charger line didn’t stay for long time if I keep moving it, so this time I went back to the original file and adjusted the size to be a little bit larger (just scaled for around 1.02 times).

From left to right, these are my heart1, heart2, and updated original work. The first one seems a little bit dirty, because I sanded it – I didn’t realize that it should not be sanded. And the second one’s shape is much uglier than the first one, they were all built by me but I don’t know why. Also, the hearts don’t look like heart at all, they look like garlics.

What a sad story.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *